Extortion-

A ROW AT RAO'S

Everybody from Gov. Pataki to Mariah Carey vies for seats at Rao's. So it's no wonder some real-life wiseguys have been having a (surf 'n') turf war over a table at the tiny East Harlem restaurant. According to wiretaps, former acting Lucchese family boss Anthony (Bowat) Baratta, imprisoned for drug dealing, sent word to current acting boss Steve Crea that he should let Baratta's son use his table at Rao's. Crea sent word back that Baratta's son was "off the wall" to ask for such a thing. But former Daily News columnist Jerry Capeci reports on Ganglandnews.

com that Baratta's son complained to his father, who enlisted another jailed Lucchese boss, Joseph (Little Joe) DeFede, to lean on Crea. "What the [bleep] is it they want?

" an exasperated Crea asked Lucchese soldier Dominick Truscello in a taped phone conversation. "They want the table," said Truscello. Capeci reports that a sit-down has now resolved the dispute: Baratta's son gets the table three weeks a month, while Crea has it every fourth week. Rao's owner Frank Pellegrino, who plays FBI Agent Cubitoso on "The Sopranos," tells us, "I have no knowledge of any of this.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.