Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Frank made? That's the funniest fucking thing I've heard in 2015 lol.

He's not even a real Rao by blood. He wormed his way in there through his Aunt. Ronnie Straci is the guy with the brains and business smarts there. Frank was still tending bar when he fell ass backwards into his acting career. I've been there a couple of times and the food is no better than at joints like Bamonte's in Brooklyn or Domenick's in the Bronx, except you can walk right into those places without any of the pretense.

My family lived in East Harlem for years. Pleasant Avenue, between 117th and 118th, to be exact. My grandparents were among the last Italian born residents on the block when they passed away (late '80s and early '90s). I spent half my life visiting that neighborhood, and take it from me, most of the neighborhood people preferred Andy's Colonial Tavern (now closed) to Rao's. Not that Rao's is "bad," mind you. It's just EXTREMELY overrated.

Frank a made guy. I'm still busting a gut laughing lol.
\

Rao's is very overrated. I've eaten there once about 5 years ago with "a friend in high places" and it was simple family style Italian food. The allure of the place is nothing more than there is limited seating and it's almost impossible to get into. Dominick's in the Bronx is tough to beat.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."