Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Even if I believed that Gotti died due to intentional neglect, which I don't for one second, he hardly expects sympathy after all the people his father ordered to die excruciating deaths?

I wouldn't want to get a flu shot in Federal Prison, let alone cancer care. I've seen those prison wards with my own eyes while visiting a sick inmate. It's shameful. The prison hospital at Lewisburg makes Bellevue look like the Mayo Clinic. Furthermore, it's the Government's hypocrisy that makes Gotti a sympathetic figure to some people (not to me, though).

You already mentioned that Vicki stated that the Feds had to cheat to put Gotti away, and you correctly pointed out that Gotti fixed two juries himself. But the Government (especially Holier-Than-Thou types like Gleeson and Mouw) needs to be held to a higher standard. And making a deal with a serial killer and denying Gotti his regular counsel was not a higher standard. They had to lower themselves to his level to win. But they're supposed to be the good guys.

And if it was my father who died because of what started out as a simple oral cancer, which has a highly successful cure rate, then I'd be pissed off, too.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.