Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
By far, the comedy trio of the Three Stooges was perhaps the finest vaudevillian product ever to be seen (we're referring to the stuff during the late Ted Healy years w/ Shemp, the original years with Curly at Columbia, and afterwards at Columbia with Shemp).

There was nobody that did slapstick better, and they made it an art. I give props to Abbott and Costello, and Laurel and Hardy, but they, imho, cannot even begin to compare with the Three Stooges, especially considering their longevity and appeal that continues to reign even into 2004, more than half a century later.
This is getting scary now. First the Beatles, now The Stooges! Damn. Tell me again why we hate each other?

I LOVE the stooges. THey invented humor in my opinion. Facial expressions alone and slapstick. The Sultans of Slapstick. I just bought a 12 disc DVD set of Amazon with about 75 of their shorts. Ever see this JJ? If not, I highly suggest it. It's great.

Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.