Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
all in all goombah is right, the seahawks played horrible, and when you get an on side kick, and win the toss, you are lucky.

bigboy... I keep remembering that this is the patriots 8th super bowl, seattles 2nd, brady has a running game now, but if seattle comes alive on their defense, it should be a great game.

I still say its a toss-up.

This is Seattle's 3rd Super Bowl, as they went to one with Mike Holmgren and Matt Hasselbeck. I agree, GB dominated most of the game, but as Seattle demonstrated, they have resilience and mental toughness to turn it on with 2:09 left in regulation. Keep in mind that Seattle beat GB during the regular season by 20 points. No matter who you play, it's always tough to play the same team twice in a season. I am from the school of thought that defense wins championships, not QB's. I think it will be a good game, but I'd like to see Seattle give Brady & Co a beatdown. Brady has a running game? At times they do, but that has been the most inconsistent part of their attack all season. Seattle's front 7 isn't Indy's front 7. If Manning was healthy, Denver's roster was way more talented than Indy and Indy's defense has been average at best "all season."

NE ran the ball twice in the 2nd half vs. Baltimore. They ran successfully against the Colts because Indy's run defense is softer than wet cardboard. I don't see NE having the same kind of success running the ball against Seattle.

I think the league has shifted in the past 10 years. Defense does not always win championships. Look no further than the titles won by the Saints, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Colts, & Ravens. Those teams won with explosive offenses and serviceable-to-good defenses. Since 2007, I would say that the prime examples of defenses winning the title were the two Giants victories and last year's Seahawks team.

What Seattle has been incredible at the past 2 months is not allowing TDs. Green Bay wins the game if they were able to score 7 instead of settling for 3 with just one of the 1st half takeaways. If the game is close heading into the 4th quarter, I would think the edge goes to Seattle because of two factors: 1) their defense and 2) any opponent's inability to tackle Lynch as the game wears on.