Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry
Point well taken. As we have discussed, from my own personal experiences, I agree with the differences you outlined between Joey and Lenny.I believe that Zebo more or less took over Charlie's roll to some extent when he spent most of his time in Florida. I'm also beginning to understand that because of his illness, Henry may have gone along with the Michael imposed drug program. As they say: "Money is the root of all evil"! Maybe back to the good old shootem' up/blowem' up days ;-(

Henry was Michael Genovese's right hand man by 1991 after Porter got sent away. Think about it. Even though Henry came to Youngstown every week, Lenny Strollo took a shot at an elected official (Prosecutor Paul Gains), sent in Mark Batcho to shoot Attorney Gary Van Brocklin in broad daylight at his law office to boot, used four african american drug dealers to whack Ernie Biondillo...Lenny wreaked so much havoc on Mahoning County and even Henry couldn't stop him. What do you think would have happened had Ronnie Carabbia and Joey Naples/Lenny Strollo been running the rackets? Three men who were deadly and wouldn't hesitate to kill you on the spot. My two cents.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."