Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry
If the above scenario, RC and Joey, played out it would have been very interesting to see how Charlie would have dealt with them. I know for a fact that Tony had a great deal of respect for Charlie and would never done anything without Charlie's approval. I also know that Joey clearly understood that Charlie was in charge. In addition to the respect Charlie demanded, he was also feared. I can't imagine he would allow another blood bath and all the heat it would surely bring.

I agree with you wholeheartedly FriendofHenry, but I think Ronnie and Joey's "past history" would have sparked an all out war and Charlie would have diffused it for as long as he could, but both of their egos were too big. I could be totally off, but Charlie had a very good relationship with Cleveland but Ronnie would have NEVER gotten over the fact that Naples/Prato/Strollo had his brother whacked. On top of that, Naples/Prato also ordered the shotgun murder of Carabbia's first cousin, Junior Senzarino. Two close family members dead by Naples/Prato/Strollo? Sooner or later, Ronnie would have struck back. Joey on the other hand would have never been able to see past the fact that Carabbia was just as strong if not stronger than him...a recipe for disaster.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."