Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago
In Buffalo, there has been no good successor to Jim Kelly. In Miami, we haven't found a QB until Tannehill came on board (who is the best porospect that we've ever had) and I believe they are on the rise with some depth on OL and some new LB's, and in Dallas, Jerry Jones is a lunatic who thinks he's a good GM.

That's been a problem for many organizations. Usually there is a considerable period of wandering in the proverbial desert waiting for th next QB. Beside Buffalo, I would argue that Miami still hasn't found a consistent successor since Marino retired. The Browns have been in QB hell since 1993 when Kosar was unceremonously released. Pittsburgh was mediocre at best from Bradshaw to their current QB. The Raiders went about 20 years between Plunkett and Gannon. And I would argue that the Jets are still working on finding Joe Namath's replacement, 40 years later.

The two exceptions that come to mind are in Indy going from Manning to Luck and when SF went from Montana to Steve Young. That type of good fortune happens once or twice in a generation.