Originally Posted By: bronx
he even robbed Leroy

I can't get anything by you, buddy lol.

Do you remember the men's store in Cross County that was there for like forty years? Of course you do. There were a couple, but you know the one I mean. All the guys shopped there.

Anyway, the place had the same manager for practically the entire time the store was there. Italian American guy, but not a street guy at all. Wasn't a gambler, never took a nickel off a shy. But he grew up down Park Hill with a lot of guys (Nicky Vitulli and that crew). But he never got involved. A real square guy, but he knew who was who and what was what. In short, a NICE guy.

Greg had this poor soul so shit scared off his rep, that he'd walk in the store, put on a hat and a shirt, and walk the fuck out like it was nothing. And the poor bastard ended up paying for the shit half the time because he was too honest to play with the books (even though it was much easier back then).

That was Greg DePalma for you. But you know as well as I do that he NEVER would have pulled that crap at Vito's or Fox's. Getting shelved would have been the least of his problems wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.