Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Sonny can you post the whole article...not all of us are fancy enough to subscribe to the wall street journal.

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters and the federal government reached an agreement to end 25 years of strict oversight of the union that was intended to root out corruption and alleged Mafia influence in the organization’s highest ranks, the labor giant said Wednesday.

“This is a historic day for our Teamsters,” Teamsters President James Hoffa said in a prepared statement. “After decades of hard work and millions of dollars spent, we can finally say that corrupt elements have been driven from the Teamsters and that the government oversight can come to an end.”

A judge is expected to approve the agreement on Feb. 11, a union official said.

The agreement calls for the government’s current oversight of the union to be phased out over five years, according to Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara. The union also agreed to keep in place an election process for top officers, which requires that all union members can cast ballots in such elections. Eventually the union will appoint independent officers to investigate any allegations of corruption.

“The proposed settlement agreement seeks to strike the appropriate balance, recognizing the significant progress that has been made in ridding the International Brotherhood of Teamsters of the influence of organized crime and corruption, while providing an avenue for the union to demonstrate its ability to preserve these gains through its own independent disciplinary and electoral systems,” Mr. Bharara said in a statement.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.