Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Champagne corks popping in the Bronx and Harlem tonight...

Harlem, Sonny? Unless they name one of the locals after Tito Puente, there's nothing for East Harlemites to celebrate these days lol.

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Note the Name of the President...

Don't kid yourself. Hoffa Junior is probably the most honest International leader we've ever had. He hates the Mafia like Giuliani. And that's no exaggeration.

Even though I'm out happy. But too many good men got chased for "bringing reproach upon themselves" over the years, and that's not likely to stop under Hoffa. Because his team are the guys who initiate most of those investigations, not the Federal babysitters. In short, you can still lose your job and YOUR PENSION, for having a cup of coffee with the wrong guy in the wrong restaurant. But it's a big win for the honest working man, so I'm happy. But it also makes me sad for all of the good guys I saw get chased over the years. More than half of them didn't deserve it.

And you know I'm no mob apologist. But when you're coerced into early retirement (read: resign and keep your pension), for having an uncle who was a captain thirty years ago, it's a little bittersweet. And I know a guy like that. Very, very well.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.