Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
I know that associates get traded around like athletes on draft day. What about made guys?

I know it prolly never happened with any of the big families. It seems to of happened to the families that didn't have the muscle to keep their soldiers with that particular family.

An infamous case was Jimmy "The Weasel" Frattiano. Was this a common thing? Does it still happen? Has it ever happened with the bigger families?

I'm very curious on how easy it is to start a life somewhere else that's mob controlled as a soldier.

I once read that when all of the killing was going on in the Lucchese family, probably due to Amuso and Casso running amok, many made men started putting in for transfers to others families to escape being hit.

Not sure what a transfer would consist of or what the financial ramifications are. My guess is that in some cases the guy leaves and the rackets stay behind, or else he'd have to take the rackets with him to the new family and deprive the old boss of what he was accustomed to getting.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."