I don't think he was dumb in the least bit, I would call it immaturity, trying to live up to his fathers approval. Let's face it, John Gotti Sr and Carmine Persico were two different types of wiseguys, especially bosses. Allie Boy & John Jr had two different upbringings.

In this day in age, who in the world would actually be stupid or blind enough to think there's a future in the mafia. Junior is older and a friend of mine in Long Island knows him and his wife through one of their children. I was told that he had a wonderful relationship with his kids and truly is a good dad. I have no reason not take his word for it. He said that Junior is cordial and polite to the other parents...but mostly stays with the wife at events and sports. In my book...changing his life for his family beats prison any day of the week.

Fact of the matter is that when Gotti was indicted and held without bail, Junior became his dad's conduit in his late 20's and early 30's. Plus, Junior didn't grow up like his dad, he lived in Howard Beach...more shielded from the life than his dad was. He probably looked up to most of these guys and now he's giving them orders. Bound to make mistakes along the way, especially with the immaturity aspect of it.

A lot of old timers will say "you get old too fast and wise too late." Junior though has skeletons...still...and he's got to live with that looming over him while any person who is still alive that knows the truth could come forward anytime and finger him for something...how many times he been through it already?

Last edited by Oscarthedago; 01/13/15 08:16 PM.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."