Originally Posted By: conopizza
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Loads of Jamaicans, especially along Seaview.

Haitians.

Mind fart, buddy. When I posted Jamaicans along Seaview, I obviously meant Haitians. You of all people know me and my passion for this city better than that. You'll find a lot more Jamaicans towards Flatbush, though.

When I was first starting out with the Teamsters and funeral service, I must have literally worked over a hundred funerals out of Saint Jude's on Seaview and Canarsie. It's one of my five favorite Churches in the entire City. I know that area like the back of my hand. And that's not to mention all of the Jewish work I did out of Midwood.

My Dad's wing of the family came out of East Harlem, and took what you (correctly) referred to as "White Flight" up to the Bronx, where I've maintained my main residency for over fifty years. But we also had people on my Dad's side settle in East New York, on Pacific Street (my Paternal Grandfather had over ten siblings immigrate sporadically over a multi-year time frame). So we used to alternate Sundays with the family dinners, and we were in East New York every fifth or sixth Sunday back in the late '60s through the early '80s when the older generation started to pass away.

So between that and being Brooklyn based for the union for so many years, I consider myself an honorary Brooklynite. And speaking of my years in Jewish funeral work in Midwood, I've often been referred to as an honorary "MOT" (Member of the Tribe), which gives me tremendous pride. There isn't a Catholic Church or Jewish Temple in Brooklyn that I haven't stepped foot in (unless it was built in, say, the last eight or nine years).

Originally Posted By: Belmont
I'll take Haitians any day of the week over those fuckin generic whites that go to Park Slope and the hipsters in Williamsburg.

Thank you. All fucking hipsters must fucking die grin.

https://diehipster.wordpress.com/

Oh, it's EXACTLY 80 degrees in Delray Beach. Talk you you suckers later grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.