Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
How do the wives avoid prosecution? The same way old mobsters who got life in prison get to go home for Christmas....bribery of judges.

The time delay between conviction and sentencing allows convicts ample time to "work with" the judges through their lawyers and money men to score leniency and sweetheart deals.

That's my opinion.

There are no sitting federal judges being bribed by mobsters at this point. Can you even name a single such occurrence in the last decade?

The answer to this question: the wives are rarely involved in the overt criminal enterprise. They have no reason to ever talk to a cop, fbi agent or under oath. They can publically lie as much as they want so long as they aren't involved in the criminal proceeding- which is rare as they can't be compelled to testify many times.

The civil asset forfeiture is a complete different deal. They get hosed in this respect- or depending on your opinion, get their just deserts.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here