Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Originally Posted By: ht2
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
There never was a MURDER INC. This has been one of the most
persistent, hard to quash mob myths to come down the pike.

Yes, the 7 men sent to the electrical chair ( including Lepke) were all a figment of the imagination, and Abe Reles accidently fell out of his window with 24/7 police protection.

Yea, if you had a reading comprehension ability above about a 2nd grade level- you wouldnt have come away with this retarded, semi-illiterate impression.

Jesus our public schools suck.

I think there was a Murder Inc, but they never called themselves that...only the media did.

Someone here said that "Murder Inc" was probably just the Lepke crew. Well of course that's what it was. The only thing here that is unlikely is the idea that a group of killers was just sitting around in Brownsville waiting for murder contracts to come through and didn't have any other rackets going on.

If "the Lepke crew" was Murder Inc, then maybe everyone under Lepke was part of it. That's not just the Brownsville "boys", that's also the Garment District in Manhattan also.

One more thing. Capeci's article mentions Blue Moon Magoon. That might be correct, but the appellation I always read was Blue Jaw Magoon.

I don't think the number of killings is exaggerated as much as the number of killers may have been underestimated. I don't believe for one minute that everyone from Murder Inc was prosecuted and or apprehended.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."