Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
I´m not sure this National Crime Syndicate and its board of directors even existed. At least not in the way of a combination of Jewish gangsters and LCN, including the Chicago outfit. I´m sure representatives from the two groups met to discuss crime and share ventures but a joint, formal ruling body seems far fetched to me. I could be wrong because I do not know much about Jewish organized crime but I can´t remember any of the Italian informants telling about a National Crime Syndicate.The info I´ve got on Schultz´s murder is that it was discussed and settled among the bosses on the Italian Commission (LCN).

exactly. Waxey Gordon on a Comission? Never. He was part of the bootlegging big7 BUT that was just a business arrangement. no real power in the sense of a director on a board of directors, each with an army behind. Chicago communicated more or less closely with NY until the late 50's i would say. Probably because of Appalachin they lost some trust in the new york families. From then on, there were no rackets shared with each other (to my knowledge), except for gambling in Vegas, what was considered from the beginning as "open territory". Everybody was on its own. But even there they only shared the city, not specific casions. and bugsy siegel wouldn't let go of the wire service and that didn't sit quite well with the outfit aswell.
Maybe, back to the so called National Crime Syndicate, if it existed it only existed for some small time. From '29 until '31. When Capone was gone, so was the NCS.