Anybody who is seeing 2 black faces in Obama's 2 AG picks is missing the bigger picture. Lynch spent her entire career defending white collar criminals. Enron executives among them. Madoff types. Real bad guys. In a similar situation, Holder refused to indict a single banker/governmental official/anyone for the 08 financial crisis.

Recently you might have heard of a man named Antonio Weiss being nominated for undersecretary of the Treasury. This is right after working for a banking company. All 3 have such close ties to banks that it's doubtful that their focus will ever be on any white collar crime that cost taxpayers a decent amount of money.

I think the bigger issue is not that Obama keeps nominating within his racial comfort zone, it's that he keeps nominating government officials with conflicting interests. The same officials who should be once in a while be prosecuting say, banks that launder drug cartel money, or steal from taxpayers, are fresh out of a Wallstreet cubicle and have made their careers defending white collar criminals.

Then again this issue registers pretty high with me. I'm sure others are more concerned about race baiting. I personally have never got over the financial crisis as we're still seeing its ramifications today.

Last edited by BarrettM; 01/04/15 07:36 PM.