While I don't agree with everything Crash said he does raise several interesting points.

Number one I think he raises the question of other immigrant groups making it here. The Italians, Irish, Chinese, and now the Hispanics are all making better lives for themselves and climbing that ladder one step at a time. Why haven't blacks, who have been here the third longest (after whites and Indians) Can you chalk it up to years of abuse? To a certain extent but at what point do you move forward?

One of the number one problems blacks have in this country is that many are taught from a young age they're victims of systematic oppression and therefore they're exempt from any sort of wrong doing. That results in a poor attitude and a poor work ethic and a poor outcome. It never gets you anywhere. Let's call a spade a spade (no slur intended). You'll never be seen as equal if you're constantly relegating yourself downward. Don't ask for special privileges then turn around and say it's someone elses fault. I'm tired of that shit.

As for black athletes I think you have a tendency to see a lot of them come from bad neighborhoods and broken homes. And even if they weren't, most 20 year olds, regardless of color, aren't fully mature yet. And somehow the NFL and NBA give them millions of dollars they don't know what to do with, without much regard for their behavior. Of course you'll see incidents like we've seen in the past and this year specifically. Combine that with young black men and their backgrounds (crime, no father, etc) it's a recipe for disaster.

There are many upstanding and successful black citizens and athletes in our country. The majority don't break the law and are just like anyone else. But there's something to be said when 13% of the population commits 52% of murders and other violent crime. I'm not saying some police don't profile and there aren't problems to address. But the negative image given to black people largely comes from other black people who perpetuate the stereotype, not the system. That's just how I see it