Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I think it's more along the lines of stabilizing the relationship with a communist government that is less than a hundred miles from our border, before Russia can entertain them about continuing to be our enemy. Plus I think Raul is not as hardlined as his brother was and is out to make his country more profitable instead of living in the shadows of the US with the continuing "you communist, me democratic" caveman enemy thinking.

Sugar Cane farmers in Louisiana are not too happy about opening relations with Cuba, in the past twenty years agriculture has drifted from Rice fields to Sugarcane fields down here.

Yep if we open things up with Cuba you better believe they'll go broke down there because it would be cheaper to get surgarcane in Cuba than in Louisiana. And I agree with you on Raul too, he seems 10x smarter than Fidel in terms of trying to bring money into his country. I'm sure he is just as dangerous as he used to be when he was 2nd in command, but he now knows to be more quiet with that crap and make himself look less hostile.

Originally Posted By: SC
OK, you both were warned about this shit. You want to continue, despite requests to stop. So go and kill each other OFF THE BOARDS. If either of you survive until New Year's you can come back then and we'll see how you proceed then.

It's your own fault and your own doing.

To be fair SC, once again it all started with cook popping into this thread (and not adding anything to it by the way) and poking the snake until the snake bit him. Just not fair to kill the snake when all he did was protect himself.