Originally Posted By: blacksheep
No money changes hands (maybe), but there are other perks. Drug reps at my mom's job are constantly coming in and ordering massive catered lunches for everyone while doing conferences and of course holding business retreats for the doctors in the Virgin Islands and Vegas and shit.. sounds shady to me..

Exactly the point of my post and thank you for backing me up because IT IS true. Every time I go to the doctor there are drug reps there and it is just like you said.

And oldschool why do you think certain doctors only write a certain type of med? I had one pain doctor one time only write me Kadian for my back (extended release morphine). So when I told him the side effects were too bad, he called me a drug seeker and refused to write anything else. Every note pad in the damn place said Kadian as did every damn calendar and everything else. Why do you think that is? Because he gets perks and shit from whoever makes Kadian. He refused to even try anything else on me, that should tell you enough. He could have cared less on what the drug was doing to me, and of course I told him he could shove that bill up his ass too and walked out.