Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Just thinking how hard it is to be a mobster in today's age in America, your on a hiding to nothing, law enforcement has been pretty successful in shutting down hundreds of mobsters over the years. I wonder if there are less mobsters than ever in America today?
I'm not referring to just Italian organized crime, used to be many Jewish,Irish and Black gangsters operating rackets. I know people would say that today there are Cartels, Crips, Bloods etc, but to me a lot of those guys aren't mobsters or gangsters more thugs. I mean more sophisticated OC guys.
Depends on what you mean by gangsters but the cartels arent just killers and thugs they have sophisticated intellegience and counter intelligence networks, pyramid like structures and rankings, they are into diverse criminal rackets and the whole operation in the city and cartel as a whole is very under reported in the U.S media. All you hear about the cartels is the killings but if you were living in Mexico, you would have heard orseen the cartels informants,drug dealers etc. the extortions, the police colution and corruption etc. Its not just gangsters killing each other on the street. I would even argue that most people being killed in Mex are not gangsters or killers but informants and street dealers or anyone that gives logisticd support to the local captain and his hitmen(these guys are the actual cartel members). Not to mention how deep rooted some of these drig familoes are.