I am sure there are a bunch of stories in Northern New Jersey. They rub shoulders all the time. Here is a San Francisco story. Nani Sebastino had a second home in the bay area under an alias, despite sources saying he transferred from the Profaci crime family to the San Francisco family. He remained a Profaci capo with three to four soldiers living out there who had blood family ties to SF and SJ. Sebastino and SF capo Mario Balistreri are bidding on a boat using frontmen, unaware that they are bidding on the same boat. Mario wins it, and Nani has Vincenzo Figlia go and find out who won the boat. Figlia sends an associate, and within a few days, the associate finds the owner who owns a diner. Both men do not realize that they are both connected and get into an arguement, which leads to a fight. The man reports back to Figlia who in turns reports back to Sebastino. Nani orders the diner to be destroyed and later on it has a fire. The owner had already reported the incident to Mario who in turned had the associates car brought to his scrap yard and torn apart. Both of these incidents happened almost at the same time. Now a couple of days later, Joe Cerrito who is a capo in the SJ family at the time, visits Mario at his Santa Clara home, who is going on about this guy who is giving him problems over a boat in front of Tony Lanza, and another guy. Joe already heard part of the story from his brother Salvatore, then realized what had happened. He tells Balistreri to clam down and makes a few calls. A sit down takes place, the diner owner becomes a partner in a restaurant, and the associate gets a new car and gets a no show at the restaurant. Thats the story. Gives you an ideal on how these guys operated on getting back at people who wronged them. Doesn't take much thinking of how this might have turned out if it had gotten ugly.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green