Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Paul was going to name Tommy Gambino boss of the family and Tommy Bilotti underboss for the family. Bilotti was not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was loyal to Castellano and Paul felt that Tommy needed the help from Bilotti who was a street guy growing up, while Gambino was more like Bill Bonanno, minus the arrogance

Greetings Giacomo.

I think you meant Carlo when you said Paul above?

And when you said Gambino being like Bill Bonanno, you meant Paul Castellano?

I think also that it was probably Neil Dellacroce not being too bright that partly necessitated a white collar "Underboss" or acting Boss or what have you to help Carlo keep track of the more complicated rackets.

No disrespect to fans of Neil, but by looking at him he seemed primitive, impulsive, paranoid, and infantile. How can a killer crocodile or dinosaur sit down and do calculations?

So maybe it was the sheer size of the Gambinos along with complexity of white collar rackets that prompted Carlo to bring the more intelligent Paul Castellano in to help Carlo and Neil run the family. Carlo probably had the brains for white collar, but he needed an Underboss with those brains too and I don't think Neil was that man.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."