Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Lets not forget Squitieri and Meagle, who operated a large crew, uninterrupted for 10 years, in Westchester County, despite themselves being based in NJ and CT.

I get what you're saying. But for accuracy's sake, Tony hasn't been on the street "uninterrupted for 10 years" since he was made. Hell, he's never had five straight years without going back inside. Maybe this time, though. He got out last week.

The thing about Tony is, and I've posted this before, is that he got off with Louie's Bronx crew even though he was technically with Breezy. He was cutting a game in Morris Park long before he was made, which is unheard of for an associate from out of state. He's a bright guy and he impressed his out out state superiors at a young age. That Westchester sits in between the Bronx and Fairfield counties plays no small part in the influence that he eventually gained there. He pole vaulted over Greg in that regard.

And Zeke's done (which has nothing to do with your original point, I'm just putting it out there).

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. Now you guys can go back to discussing Detroit smile.

I didn't mean Squitieri himself, I meant the crew in it's entirety. Selwyn Raab also says in Five Families, "After an unimpeded ten-year run, a Gambino crew with headquarters in upscale Westchester County was put out of business through the arrests of seven reputed made men and twenty-five associates."; But you're actually right though, even though I didn't mean Squitieri himself, him and Meagle were only Acting Boss & Underboss, so during that uninterrupted ten-year run, there's was undoubtedly other guys running things.

And to IvyLeague, there isn't nearly anything reported or heard through guys who claim to be "in the know" about Kansas City and any made, or connected guys running any loansharking or gambling, though. I've seen a few, and by a few I mean two or three articles. And no one really talks about Kansas City, it's always been like that due to them being a small family, but they really still made noise and headlines back in the day. Now? Really not so much. They got hit with Attrition a lot more harder than Detroit did, I think. You still here a little bit of those things about Detroit, not a lot, but definitely more than Kansas City.

And is it possible that the reason some of Scott's charts had fluctuated is because he may have been counting associates as well? Even if, 25-30 made guys is still enough for a substantial crew and for them to be making money through shylocking and gambling/bookkeeping, and through legal ventures like they've done in the past. And some have stated on this forum that Detroit is pretty damn near defunct, some going as far as saying they have no presence in the city. We've never claimed Detroit was some huge army, at least I haven't. I don't think Scott has either nor any of his sources if you read some of the quotes they've made to him. But they also don't imply that they're out there on their last breath either. I think there's still a quite substantial pool from these guys to draw from simply because most of them are related, some of the numerous young nephews and cousin's friends may be drawn to the Detroit Mob life as well, especially if a lot of them see and understand the closeness of the Family and how they've managed to stay low and out of federal prisons while still making money.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/08/14 06:35 PM.