Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
alpha. wasn't it Louis buchalter and his jews that started murder inc. the roster is predominately jewish thugs.

I would say yes.

Let me put it like this...

I think the Jewish mob was already into rackets and carrying on before Murder Inc was born. Then later they were conscripted by the Mafia to carry out that role. This was when Lepke's outfit was in charge and running unions and whatnot. As the other poster said, they (the Jewish mob) were gangs with their own rackets. But that does not make Murder Inc a myth.

And apparently, he was partners with Tommy Lucchese (in the 20's) before becoming partners with Albert Anastasia (in the 30's). But I don't think you have Murder Inc as the news reporters dubbed it until the formation of the National Commission and each gang was given it's role in the new order. So I would hazard a guess and place the official formation of Murder Inc in the year 1931.

Lepke might have been one of the co founders of his own outfit, but he battled other Jews for control over labor unions at his inception.

Before him you have Little Augie (Jacob Orgen), and all of the others from ancient New York City that make for very interesting reading. It is necessary study because without it, you can not understand how unions came into being in this country and gained power.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."