Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
You'll be hard press to find any documentaries on many of these guys as they are low key, and would like to remain that way. There are reports on Bellomo, you can skim through. As far as I know, Bellomo is semi-retired, while some say he is fully retired, and most say he is the acting boss to the Genovese crime family.

The guy has been a ghost since his wife passed away. Literally and figuratively. That's a very tight knit family (his blood family, not his mob family). Wiseguys are people, too. The guy isn't a robot, in spite of what's been written about him over the years.

They write about him like he's still the Boy Wonder. But the truth is, he's pushing sixty and a grandfather now. I hope he enjoys his family and stays on the sidelines. The guy did ten years standing on his head. He deserves it.

A tight-knit family, and from what I've heard, a pretty smart one, too. You don't raise businessmen and lawyers if you're a dummy. And every smart person I know wants to stay out of jail. (and I don't know mobsters. but this goes for any one).