Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
I can't remember reading anything about the mob, without the book mentioning how Luciano set up massiera in the restaurant, while he went to the mens room.

why that story has been so accepted I don't know, but, it has been acknowledged as fact. ive probably read it in a dozen books,
now, after reading all these posts, with research being done.

I don't think that was what went down, the way I see it Luciano most likely wasn't there, no doubt he had a hand in setting masseria up. but, he may have conspired with maranzano himself.

Greetings Binnie. Like your new avatar. You gotta find the one that expresses you best.

It's possible Luciano was never there. It's possible he was. Someone had to drive the boss to the restaurant, and it wasn't Masseria driving most likely. Luciano was known as Masseria's driver around that time.

Because everyone basically ran out of the restaurant and the owner of the restaurant was scared of being hit, which he eventually was, who was going to tell the truth?

If Luciano was at that restaurant, a great many of his contemporaries probably chose to remain silent about that. At that time period he was absolutely the most dangerous man in Cosa Nostra.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."