Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Also the fact that Lefty Rosenthal was a top echelon FBI informant kinda answers some questions, mostly about how he was able to get away so easily after the whole ordeal.

well, I know lefty was almost killed by a bomb going off in his car, he survived, didn't know he was a canary for the fbi.
could very well explain why he never went on trial, what I don't know is, who tried to clip lefty? spilotro? or did it come from the top? must have known he was squawking.

I meant after the bombing he got away real easy. They say Frank Balistrieri was behind the bombing which could be true because he blamed Rosenthal for ruining the Vegas racket. Also it's possible Frank could have had a source in the FBI as I remember from the Donnie Brasco book he found out about one of Pistone's agents and then cut off all contact with them and didn't even tell NY.

However it could've also been Spilotro as they said it was an amateur bombing and I'm not sure how experienced Tony was with explosives but I'd say not much, just a guess.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso