Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Just wanted to get some of you guys opinions and favorites.For me it's the French connection,The Seven-ups and Saturday night fever.
Have to mention Kojak,although it's a tv show.How about you guys?

What, my pms weren't good enough for you? tongue lol

My buddy Alex is a Serb. But his Mom is an American who grew up in Brooklyn back in the '70s. So keep that in mind when recommending a film.

@Alex: Have you seen "Dog Day Afternoon" with Pacino? It was filmed entirely on location in Brooklyn. Great film, gritty as Hell, and depicts a long gone Outer Borough New York City. Definitely one of Pacino's top five performances. Maybe even top three. Some people think it was over the top, but not me.

Other recommendations off the top of my head: "The Seven Ups," with Roy Scheider. Best car chase scene in the history of film (pre CGI, anyway). And "The Lords of Flatbush." Incredibly young cast of future stars. A fun movie.

smile Yes pb,your pms were very helpfull,always look forward to your feedback.You know that smile
It is true my mother is raised in Brooklyn in the 60s and 70s,so i guess that got me hooked to those 70s style,gritty street,type of movies.Acctually never watched Dog day afternoon,so thanks for that idea.Remmember reading something that it was acctually a bank in Gravesend those guys were atempting to rob.Heard nothing but good stuff about that movie.And you cant go wrong with Al Pacino.
Seven ups and the French connection are my two favorite movies of that kind.You gotta love Tony Lo Bianco in those two.I like the way he is always impeccably dressed,those overcouts,those suits are great.70s fashion was very cool.
Only watched a trailer Lords of Flatbush,guess you cant go wrong with that one.
Oh yeah,i have to mention Mean streets.We mentioned earlier PB.Thats maybe the best portrail of NY life in the city.Ofcourse,i wouldnt know that :),but thats how i imagine it.

Maybe even Serpico,not a bad movie too.