Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Now I'm NOT saying it's right, because it isn't. It's a way to get around double jeopardy as only the Feds can.

While I don't know details of specific cases discussed here, in my opinion the double jeopardy rule isn't so much about helping innocent people not to be continuously harassed by police, as it is about helping bastards to get off the hook and laugh at justice. I mean, if you get real PROOF, even too late, that the guy is guilty, is it right that he can't be thrown into jail just because the first trial let him off?

I mean, look at the Pizzolungo massacre in Sicily in 1985 where a mother with two 6-year-old children were blown to pieces with a bomb. The hitmen who did it were acquitted. Later, there was new evidence the police got the right people. But they couldn't be tried again because of "inconstitutional" nonsense, "double jeopardy" etc. So the child murdering scumbags got off. The only consolation is that 2 of them were killed anyway later and the 3d is serving life for another murder.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 11/15/14 09:54 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."