Originally Posted By: JoeSlim
but luck was on his side so the government can't retry him on them murders and the guy hasn't picked up a gun since the 90s, so what do you think they will get him on?

That's not entirely true. If the Feds can tie it into a RICO they can basically try him for the same murders that he was acquitted of. Look at Bobby Vernace here in New York. He just got something like twenty years on a murder that he beat back in the '90s. The Feds found new witnesses, trumped up a bullshit RICO charge, and tried him again.

You can also use Tommy Gioeli and Little Dino as another example. They beat the worst of the charges and still got what will probably amount to life because they were found guilty of the RICO charges.

Now I'm NOT saying it's right, because it isn't. It's a way to get around double jeopardy as only the Feds can. But I'm a realist, and when I look at this realistically I just don't think they're ever going to give this guy any peace.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.