Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Good news for Cosa Nostra and the Cartels...As far as drugs go in CA soon a drug possession charge will only be considered a misdemeanor. I know if you get caught with weed you get a $100 fine but I have no idea what will happen now as far as the fines for meth or OxyContin which are what most are doing these days. If you are in South Orange County like Newport then they are probably still doing blow since they can afford it. I have no idea about other parts of CA. They are going to start cutting loose non-violent inmates who are in prison for drug possession.

http://www.latimes.com/local/politics/la-me-ff-pol-proposition47-20141106-story.html#page=1

It's about time. California can't build prisons to keep up with convictions. The California Supreme Court already ruled that a couple years ago that if the state doesn't reduce the severe overcrowding in the prisons they would force them to. Checks and balances working at its best.

I don't think simple possession of a small amount of any drug should be a felony.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese