Originally Posted By: tjonezee
No idea if he's interested in becoming active or not, but it was reported somewhere during Nicky Jrs trial that he met with Joey Chang in 2007 I believe, to discuss taking over the Philly rackets. So the guy must be somewhat capable still, even if it's in name only. Obviously, nothing came of it though.

Are you sure that's the way you heard it? There was a report several years ago where Joseph Ciancaglini Sr. was advising Merlino and his guys from prison during the Stanfa war and THEIR attempt to take over Philly at the time. If I'm not mistaken, Joey Chang Jr. is partially paralyzed and barely walks with a cane. I couldn't believe he would be involved in anything LCN related at this point, or even in 2007. Like someone else mentioned, Joey gave him a pass after he took over the family.

And Dom, Mikey Chang is the only Ciancaglini that is dead. He was killed by Veasey and Colletti while walking with Merlino outside of their social club during the war with Stanfa. As mentioned, Joey Chang is paralyzed and was given a pass/shelved. According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, their dad Joseph "Chickie" Ciancaglini Sr. was released into a halfway house in Philadelphia where he will finish his remaining six months.

Either way, their family has suffered tremendously as a result of LCN. Agree with Dom, you can't help but feel awful for their mother. But, like PB said, "you play, you pay".

Last edited by K1NG6; 11/06/14 06:31 PM.