I have the book,"The Boys In Chicago Heights," and there was a lot of killing in that area. I'm not from Chicago but I got the idea that some type purging was going on with the "Chop Shop" wars, etc. I remember Jimmy Catuara was killed and Al Tocco was involved. I still have the book but I can't remember all the details. I believe Al Pilotto (sp) was shot. I would have to go back and refresh my memory to look at names, etc. Was Dave Yaras part of this crew? He was shot when he was getting ready to exit his car. Come to think of it, Catuara was shot at a traffic light or stop sign. Can't actually remember all these things.

I also recall that at one time the Chicago Heights Crew was a very secretive group. Frank LaPorte was rarely photographed and I remember reading that he really stayed out of the limelight.

So, yes, there were several murders, but I believe it was within the "Heights Crew." But I'm not really sure. I do remember Matt Luzi (author) did a really good job researching the information for the book.

Last edited by GaryMartin; 11/02/14 06:37 PM.