Originally Posted By: Red_63
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I heard that the Philly family was down to 20 made guys recently. That ballpark correct?

I've seen this posted a lot viewing the net over time, there not as sophisticated because the rats and surveillance shut down so many rackets why invest time in money in shit when the end game for these guys is age 43

They've got about 25 made guys on the street right now. They've got a few high ranking guys in prison - Gaeton Lucibello was just recently released to a halfway house and Marty Angelina is due out in July 2015, while South Jersey capo Anthony Staino will be imprisoned until 2020 and former underboss Mousie Massimino in the can until 2025. Several other guys are questionable whether they remain active or not (Merlino and Phil Narducci). Ligambi may be retired; some speculate that he is semi-retired and filling in as the consigliere right now on an acting basis. And there are a few other guys that are borderline regarding whether they are or aren't made, like "Stevie Gongs" Casasanto, Andrew Micali, and Nicholas "The Hat" Cimino.

That ballpark number is close, but it only pertains as to active made guys out on the street currently. Factor in the active guys who are in prison (Angelina, Canalichio, Lucibello, Massimino, Nicodemo, and Staino) and they've got at the very minimum 30 made guys. If you add in guys like Merlino, Ligambi, and the Narducci brothers that we can't confirm if they remain active, and a few others that I mentioned who may or may not be inducted, the official number resides between 30-40 active made guys.

Last edited by K1NG6; 10/30/14 11:47 PM.