Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
ive read more than once and I think snakes posted it first.
that giancana wanted to kill cerone but, accardo said no.

I don't know much about this one, Binnie. I've heard the same thing many times, but Cerine worked with the Taylor St. guys on many Outfit operations. The FBI transcripts would lead you to believe that they got along very well. Maybe Cerone got along with the members but not Giancana. I just don't know.

There was a story posted by a former member that Accardo wanted Cerone to be Giancana's underboss, but Giancana refused. I can't find that anywhere in the literature, but I did find that Accardo and Ricca wanted Frank Ferraro to be underboss ......and he did become underboss.

There is also lots of info indicating that Accardo wanted Cerone to move up in the Outfit. I remember one story about Accardo nominating Cerone for a vacant position, but other upper echelon members were opposed so the motion did not pass. This was during a time when there was some kind of board and they (board) voted on certain matters. I believe all this changed after Giancana was murdered. It may have changed earlier. At some point, probably after Ricca's death, Accardo became the recognized head of the Outfit. He was very schrewd and stayed in the background with Aiuppa acting as the operation boss.