Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I hope this won't turn into a political discussion, but I think both communist and anti-communist politicians are equally without scruples and don't hesitate to murder "for the greater good of the nation". The mafiosi would do exactly the same if they were in the White House or the Kremlin. I don't really buy the good vs evil stereotype referred to the Cold War. Communism is no more in Russia, but I assure you that what we have got now is no better. Well, it's surely better than Stalin's times, but the mob-controlled government is surely no better than what we had in 70s or 80s. At least most of the today's main mobsters spent the 80s in jail, while now they are considered "respectable businessmen" who everyone thinks is a honor to shake their hands with.

In the US or wherever, Communists seek the total overturn of the government and economic system. The nature of the threat is different and far greater. In the 20th century it is believed responsible for tens of millions of deaths and wide-scale oppression. As far as too much power in the hands of a few, I agree with you.