Well, what other source can I pull out of my sleeve? I wish there was a tape recording of Carlo Gambino talking about it. I wish there was an informant, someone who was actually there, who could tell us all about it. But there are no recordings and there are no informants, no matter how hard I wish. We have Bonanno with inside knowledge about the meeting. Who else (or what else) do we have apart from LE speculations and rumors?

Some bosses allowed drug dealing in their Families. Luciano may have been one of them. Some others didn´t. Some captains were into drug dealing, others weren´t. But just because some captains were into it, it doesn´t automatically mean that their bosses knew/allowed them to be dealing. You mentioned Ormento. Who´s to say what his boss Tommy Lucchese thought about Ormento dealing? Can you honestly say that Lucchese perfectly knew about Ormento dealing? Can you honestly say that Bonanno knew about Galante dealing, without a doubt?

The Oct 1956 meeting was not a national meeting but a Commission meeting. So obviously a face to face pass on of orders to all the bosses was impossible. Instead this was achieved (or it was tried to be achieved) a year later at Apalachin.

Generally speaking Alex, don´t you think the bosses would rather have their soldiers, captains (whatever) NOT dealing in drugs than have them dealing?

[Linked Image]