Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
now, faithful, you know full well, everybody cant go to the national archives, that's why we depend on researchers, and authors like yourself, to give us the story. now, when you publish your book I will buy a copy. please don't leave any pages of the valachi story out.

If I were to simply reproduce the Valachi manuscript it would be the most boring thing out there. Researchers aren't in the business of just copying and selling copies. What they do is take the most important, useful and relevant information to make it into a story or an educational work with a good narrative. I also use FBI reports, Secret Service reports, etc., but if I just photocopied them it wouldn't be taking the nuggets to find out what happened. You gather the necessary facts from the many different sources to figure out what happened. In Valachi's case we can use info from his manuscript, then we also want to verify and cross-reference so we can learn about his associates, bosses, etc for a bigger story. The manuscript is a source, but it does not make enjoyable reading.