"Now remember, each Commission meeting was supposed to be spaced 5 years apart unless it was an extraordinary session. The first was 1931, then 1936, then 1941, then 1946, then 1951. Bill records a meeting in 1951, as well as the minutes. But then he says there was another distinct meeting in 1953 that he called an "extraordinary" meeting. It was there and then that Bonanno says Gagliano resigned."

When the Commission was created in 1931, it was decided that they have to meet every five years so the chairs could be ratified for the next five year period. In between, the Commission met every time there was a cause for them to meet.

I´ll say this again, Gagliano´s first name was Tommaso, not Gaetano. He died in Feb of 1951. Bill Bonanno got the year wrong when he said 1953 in his book. Camarel posted in this same thread I believe, photos of his tombstone. I have posted his obituary found in NY Times dated Feb 16th, 1951 (in another thread). I don´t understand the confusion about Tommaso Gagliano´s name and death. It´s like trying to explain what the capital of Canada is to someone who thinks it´s Toronto.

[Linked Image]