GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, TheKillingJoke, Liggio), 667 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,574
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,536
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,460
Posts1,061,306
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: dixiemafia] #808819
10/17/14 11:21 AM
10/17/14 11:21 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I have no dog in this hunt but check this out. Also has pics of his stone.

http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?pag...amp;df=all&

I already posted that on the first page dixie wink . It clearly says on the tombstone Tomasso Gagliano died Feb 16th 1951. What is it your trying to say Alfa that this is a completely different guy or what? I'm confused lol . Anyway i think Hairy has cleared this up with his above post.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808821
10/17/14 11:26 AM
10/17/14 11:26 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
alfa, I concur with you completely, and what difference would it make if the corrupt cops were named now, in some cases almost 90 years later. maybe im wrong but, there has got to be a reason for the missing pages. and I certainly don't think there missing because of editing concerns. because attorney general katenzbach went to Johnson and was told to hold back 1000 pages. now that wasn't for the sake of editing.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Camarel] #808825
10/17/14 11:47 AM
10/17/14 11:47 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Camarel
I already posted that on the first page dixie wink . It clearly says on the tombstone Tomasso Gagliano died Feb 16th 1951. What is it your trying to say Alfa that this is a completely different guy or what? I'm confused lol . Anyway i think Hairy has cleared this up with his above post.

My bad, I haven't read this whole thread and I use findagrave a lot so I looked it up. Guess I need to start reading every page lol

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808828
10/17/14 11:59 AM
10/17/14 11:59 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Quote:
Having read the stuff you put up online, I think it's fair to say Valachi was a world class rambler! And I don't mean he liked to walk! Not really surprising that Peter Maas cut a lot of it out of the book to make it read better. No conspiracy, just good book editing.

I don't think that's the only point. The point is that if you are doing a public service, you do it in its entirety. To tell the public what is or is not useful information for their consumption, from a document meant to be an expose, is unacceptable and a failure.

Peter Maas was forbidden by some nazi thought police from publishing the entirety of Valachi's rambling. No doubt to protect someone on the law enforcement side of the corruption equation. What is the excuse now?

Some of the gaps occur at very interesting parts of Valachi's story.

Here is a good example...

"First they told me that Joe the Boss Masseria had sentenced them all to death because they were Castellamarise. Now I will try to explain just what this meant. It is a certain small country in Italy and as everyone knows that there are all difference dialects in the Italian language, in other words, I will tell the difference between the Sicilian and myself.
I am from Naples that is my people were, and I don't understand the Sicilian language as I do my own. They didn't tell me why they were sentenced to death but they tell me that the little that they were they......"

Then the rest is omitted. That's crazy. I think at a minimum, certain parts are being omitted because people are writing books based on them.

Yes, Peter Maas had problems with the government allowing him full access in the 1960s, but that was before the Freedom of Information Act. Now you're free to go to the National Archives, spend your money to make copies, scan the 1000+ pages and post them online. When are you going to do that, Alfa?

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808830
10/17/14 12:07 PM
10/17/14 12:07 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
now, faithful, you know full well, everybody cant go to the national archives, that's why we depend on researchers, and authors like yourself, to give us the story. now, when you publish your book I will buy a copy. please don't leave any pages of the valachi story out.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Binnie_Coll] #808840
10/17/14 12:16 PM
10/17/14 12:16 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
What is it your trying to say Alfa that this is a completely different guy or what? I'm confused lol .

I don't know for sure who is right, these guys here who leave out pages of a public expose and introduce contradictory photos of Gagliano and Maranzano, or Bonanno. How many immigrants at that time were named Gagliano?

Maybe the original Gagliano boss was Tommasso, not Gaetano. Maybe the photo of Tommasso is the right guy and he died in 51. Maybe the original photo of Gagliano with the tough guy round face is a false photo like that of Salvatore Messina circulated as Maranzano. But how can we really be totally sure?

What is the proof that Tommasso Gagliano is the right immigrant? A newspaper clipping of his passing? That's not 100% sure.

Here it is...

Tommasso Gagliano Newspaper Clipping

That's it. That's our proof that this Tommasso Gagliano was the boss of the old Gagliano family.

It seems like Tommy Lucchese was Gagliano's representative to high level meetings....for decades. Gagliano appeared in 1931 and then didn't reappear in public for another 20 years. Freaky. Then finally someone circulates the rumor that Gagliano stepped down in 53 to make Three Fingers boss. I'm sorry but that is creepy. It wouldn't surprise me if Gagliano was a sick man for a long time and needed Tommy to rep him in public, nor would it surprise me to learn that Tommy disappeared him (like Albert did Mangano) and then just quietly took over. It's weird that Bill Bonanno would record a specific commission meeting, called by Gagliano himself, for the express purpose of naming Lucchese as boss. Either Bill was there and it happened, or he wasn't and someone lied to him, and that lie had to originate with Tommy Lucchese himself.

Quote:
alfa, I concur with you completely, and what difference would it make if the corrupt cops were named now, in some cases almost 90 years later. maybe im wrong but, there has got to be a reason for the missing pages. and I certainly don't think there missing because of editing concerns. because attorney general katenzbach went to Johnson and was told to hold back 1000 pages. now that wasn't for the sake of editing.

That what makes the omissions so egregious. We already had a cover up happen decades back. I read the excerpts on Onewal from top to bottom. Whatever was deemed sensitive by President Johnson is not on there.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808843
10/17/14 12:46 PM
10/17/14 12:46 PM
S
SonnyD Offline
Made Member
SonnyD  Offline
S
Made Member
[quote]
It seems like Tommy Lucchese was Gagliano's representative to high level meetings....for decades. Gagliano appeared in 1931 and then didn't reappear in public for another 20 years. Freaky. Then finally someone circulates the rumor that Gagliano stepped down in 53 to make Three Fingers boss. I'm sorry but that is creepy. It wouldn't surprise me if Gagliano was a sick man for a long time and needed Tommy to rep him in public, nor would it surprise me to learn that Tommy disappeared him. (like Albert did Mangano) and then just quietly took over. It's weird that Bill Bonanno would record a specific commission meeting, called by Gagliano himself, for the express purpose of naming Lucchese as boss. Either Bill was there and it happened, or he wasn't and someone lied to him, and that lie had to originate with Tommy Lucchese himself.

Yes, Tommy Brown stood in for Gagliano for many years as a loyal underboss, Gagliano seemed to be a very private man, but it's untrue to say that Tomasso Gagliano didn't appear in public for 20 years or anything like it. He just didn't attract the attention of the law. Plus, from what I understand, he was very much a white collar mobster. Unions and business infiltration was his speciality.

If Lucchese was going to disappear Gagliano he took a very long time doing it. People tend to forget that Gagliano was older than the earlier boss Reina and when Gagliano passed away he was in his late sixties

[quote]That what makes the omissions so egregious. We already had a cover up happen decades back. I read the excerpts on Onewal from top to bottom. Whatever was deemed sensitive by President Johnson is not on there.

Not sure if you're seriously suggesting there that Faithful is an agent of Governmental disinformation?

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808844
10/17/14 12:47 PM
10/17/14 12:47 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I'm not going to respond to all that Alfa, but the fact is Faithful1 has been to the National Archives and read the 1000+ pages of this. As you said Onewal hosts excerpts not the full contents, until you have been to the National Archives yourself and read through it all you can't exactly claim "coverup".

Better yet take Faithfuls suggestion - Now you're free to go to the National Archives, spend your money to make copies, scan the 1000+ pages and post them online. When are you going to do that, Alfa?

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808855
10/17/14 01:15 PM
10/17/14 01:15 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
That is a sound suggestion, Caramel.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808857
10/17/14 01:21 PM
10/17/14 01:21 PM
S
SonnyD Offline
Made Member
SonnyD  Offline
S
Made Member
That is a sound suggestion, Caramel.

Better get yourself a big red pen to delete all the crap that Valachi wrote. It might save you a few bucks when copying! smile

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808865
10/17/14 01:45 PM
10/17/14 01:45 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Better get yourself a big red pen to delete all the crap that Valachi wrote. It might save you a few bucks when copying!

The other poster was complaining about the cost.

If it's 15 cents a page and 1810 pages, that's only $271.50.

Let me just stop right there. I don't have much more to say on the topic.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #808879
10/17/14 03:06 PM
10/17/14 03:06 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

Since you haven't read the manuscript I can tell you that it's not an easy read. A single paragraph can go on for several pages. So can a single sentence. Valachi did some crazy page numbering, like he could go from pages 1 to 10, then go page 10a, 10b, 10c and so on before going to page 11.

Not bad for a 5th grade education and having a bullet lodged near his brain stem compliments of NYPD.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808880
10/17/14 03:08 PM
10/17/14 03:08 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Quote:
Better get yourself a big red pen to delete all the crap that Valachi wrote. It might save you a few bucks when copying!

It's 25 cents for paper copies. If copying from microfilm it's 50 cents.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808883
10/17/14 03:24 PM
10/17/14 03:24 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
sonnyd, nobody is accusing faithful of being an agent, hes a researcher and albeit a good one. but I keep asking myself, what was so sensitive that Lyndon Johnson woulnt allow peter maas to publish all the pages he wanted to. there has to be a reason. and im continually speculating on what it could be.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808884
10/17/14 03:26 PM
10/17/14 03:26 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
dixiemafia. gagliano? gagliano? oh, now I get it. didn't he play offensive tackle for the bear? [ he, he, he, he ]

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Binnie_Coll] #808888
10/17/14 03:39 PM
10/17/14 03:39 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
now, faithful, you know full well, everybody cant go to the national archives, that's why we depend on researchers, and authors like yourself, to give us the story. now, when you publish your book I will buy a copy. please don't leave any pages of the valachi story out.

If I were to simply reproduce the Valachi manuscript it would be the most boring thing out there. Researchers aren't in the business of just copying and selling copies. What they do is take the most important, useful and relevant information to make it into a story or an educational work with a good narrative. I also use FBI reports, Secret Service reports, etc., but if I just photocopied them it wouldn't be taking the nuggets to find out what happened. You gather the necessary facts from the many different sources to figure out what happened. In Valachi's case we can use info from his manuscript, then we also want to verify and cross-reference so we can learn about his associates, bosses, etc for a bigger story. The manuscript is a source, but it does not make enjoyable reading.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808891
10/17/14 03:50 PM
10/17/14 03:50 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Quote:

Don't forget flight costs if you live far away, hotel costs, travel costs, and you gotta eat. When I was there I had to pay for all that, plus I wasn't out to copy just one thing, but a whole lot of things. You know those FBI docs uploaded to Mary Ferrell? I spent hundreds copying them years before that Mary Ferrell site was up. That was at College Park, Maryland. Then add doing that at archives in New York, Chicago and San Francisco.

Another thing about the federal archives: you can't just go looking around and grabbing what you want when you want. You have to fill out forms to have what you want pulled and delivered to you. Then you pick what you want copied and you show it to another guy who's job it is to make sure you don't have classified material that mistakenly went into a file or that you don't steal the documents (like Bill Clinton's ex Secretary of State Warren Burger, who stuffed documents down his pants to steal them). Then you make copies one page at a time, which is time consuming. Plus you have to return some of the stuff you have out so you can request more stuff.

Or you could pay them to copy the documents for you at around 50 cents a page.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Binnie_Coll] #808893
10/17/14 03:52 PM
10/17/14 03:52 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
sonnyd, nobody is accusing faithful of being an agent, hes a researcher and albeit a good one. but I keep asking myself, what was so sensitive that Lyndon Johnson woulnt allow peter maas to publish all the pages he wanted to. there has to be a reason. and im continually speculating on what it could be.

Binnie, that was back in the 1960s before the Freedom of Info Act and when J. Edgar Hoover was still around. They were very protective of their territory back then and it was a fight to get anything. It's not like that anymore.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808900
10/17/14 04:25 PM
10/17/14 04:25 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Quote:

And..... you've yet to produce a single page of it, where is your 15 Cents paid for a page? You like to criticize people that go out of their way to find this info simply because it costs you a few Dollars to read their findings. Frankly he deserves to make a profit, even though it will more than likely slightly exceed the money he spent if even that.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #808912
10/17/14 05:48 PM
10/17/14 05:48 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
faithful, I understand. thank you.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #808961
10/18/14 07:07 AM
10/18/14 07:07 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Camarel
I'm not going to respond to all that Alfa, but the fact is Faithful1 has been to the National Archives and read the 1000+ pages of this. As you said Onewal hosts excerpts not the full contents, until you have been to the National Archives yourself and read through it all you can't exactly claim "coverup".

Better yet take Faithfuls suggestion - Now you're free to go to the National Archives, spend your money to make copies, scan the 1000+ pages and post them online. When are you going to do that, Alfa?

I totally agree with that. Well put!

What is the proof that Tommasso Gagliano is the right immigrant? A newspaper clipping of his passing? That's not 100% sure.

Here it is...

Tommasso Gagliano Newspaper Clipping

That's it. That's our proof that this Tommasso Gagliano was the boss of the old Gagliano family.

We know that Tommaso Gagliano was born in 1884. Now, check out the pictures Camarel posted earlier. How old was he when he died? In addition, take a look at the name Pomilla. The Pomillas were related to Gaglianos. Nunzio Pomilla was a member of the Lucchese crime Family and Gagliano´s brother in law.

Now, take a look at the obituary. It says he lived in Yonkers. I can guarantee Gagliano, the Mafia boss, lived in Yonkers. This was mentioned by an Lucchese informant when he gave up info on Gagliano. I have that in one of my FBI files. We also know his wife´s name (Giuseppina). The marriage is mentioned in Dave Critchley´s book. Giuseppina is mentioened in the obituary.

Now, stop trolling!

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #808963
10/18/14 08:07 AM
10/18/14 08:07 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Talkin about agents of governmental disinformation...shit like this happens around the world...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/10/12/diary-of-an-israeli-shill/

lol wink cool

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #809006
10/18/14 02:36 PM
10/18/14 02:36 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
e know that Tommaso Gagliano was born in 1884. Now, check out the pictures Camarel posted earlier. How old was he when he died? In addition, take a look at the name Pomilla. The Pomillas were related to Gaglianos. Nunzio Pomilla was a member of the Lucchese crime Family and Gagliano´s brother in law.

Now, take a look at the obituary. It says he lived in Yonkers. I can guarantee Gagliano, the Mafia boss, lived in Yonkers. This was mentioned by an Lucchese informant when he gave up info on Gagliano. I have that in one of my FBI files. We also know his wife´s name (Giuseppina). The marriage is mentioned in Dave Critchley´s book. Giuseppina is mentioened in the obituary.

Very good. That is probably him. Personally that makes me think the first photo of the round faced man that circulated as Gagliano is about as real as Salvatore Messina's. I cannot see that photo and the photo of Tommasso Gagliano as being similar. Valachi said Gagliano was a tall man. The narrow faced Tommasso Gagliano photo could credibly be construed as a tall person.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Toodoped] #809007
10/18/14 02:40 PM
10/18/14 02:40 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Talkin about agents of governmental disinformation...shit like this happens around the world...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/10/12/diary-of-an-israeli-shill/

lol wink cool

Very funny. Did it ever occur to you that it was my objective all along to get someone like Hairy to explain to me exactly who was Tommasso Gagliano?

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #809260
10/20/14 05:07 PM
10/20/14 05:07 PM
dominic_calabrese Offline
Made Member
dominic_calabrese  Offline
Made Member
I stumbled across this blog -- written by Bill Feather -- which is extremely relevant to this thread =

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.com

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #809282
10/20/14 11:31 PM
10/20/14 11:31 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Hi dominic_calabrese, you asked about how men like Gaetano Lucchese and Francesco Castiglia (Frank Costello) were able to cross over into borgatas different from where their families originated in Italy.

I think in Tommy Lucchese's case, it had to do with him being a young member of the 107ht street mob as a youngster, and then graduating into the Reina mafia family as an adult. Tommy basically built his street cred being a young hoodlum in a gang that carried on in Corleonesi territory of Manhattan. The 107th street mob was likely a junior mafia that the Morellos and/or Reinas recuited from.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #815458
11/26/14 03:45 AM
11/26/14 03:45 AM
USA
BloodlettersandBadmen Offline
Made Member
BloodlettersandBadmen  Offline
Made Member
USA
Salvatore Maranzano (July 31, 1886 – September 10, 1931) was an organized crime figure from the town of Castellammare del Golfo, Sicily. He is accused of instigating the Castellammarese War to seize control of the American Mafia operations, and briefly became the Mafia's "Boss of Bosses". He was assassinated by a younger faction led by Charles "Lucky" Luciano, who established a power-sharing arrangement rather than a "boss of bosses" in the hopes of preventing future wars.

http://youtu.be/WACvACqlGtk?list=PLQhDH_WZbs1N0jqZ9y9naMtgUfZ3VoVbo

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull