GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 454 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,462
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,945
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80740
11/19/04 12:47 AM
11/19/04 12:47 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Irishman those walkie talkie phones can be fun though. I was sitting outside class the other day and this girl is walking passed on one of those phones and the guy on the other line says:

"Do you still want me to f*** you in the a** tonight?"

SHE TURNED RED AND RAN!
Thats awesome. I have a similar story. We use those Nextel walkie talkie/cell phones at work, one time one of my friends at work told me he was stopping at the store, he called me again to tell me he was checking out and that he would be finished soon, I answered back on the walkie talkie "did you remember to pick up the Vasiline and condoms?" He said everyone was staring and snickering at him at the register.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80741
11/19/04 02:20 AM
11/19/04 02:20 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada

You talkin' to me?
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80742
11/19/04 02:24 AM
11/19/04 02:24 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] Irishman those walkie talkie phones can be fun though. I was sitting outside class the other day and this girl is walking passed on one of those phones and the guy on the other line says:

"Do you still want me to f*** you in the a** tonight?"

SHE TURNED RED AND RAN!
Thats awesome. I have a similar story. We use those Nextel walkie talkie/cell phones at work, one time one of my friends at work told me he was stopping at the store, he called me again to tell me he was checking out and that he would be finished soon, I answered back on the walkie talkie "did you remember to pick up the Vasiline and condoms?" He said everyone was staring and snickering at him at the register. [/b][/quote]That's just wrong lol Funny but wrong

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80743
11/19/04 03:11 AM
11/19/04 03:11 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:

1. People who pull out in front of you then go 10-15 miles below the speed limit and you never have a chance to pass.
I have a quick question for anyone who can answer it. I've heard from some people that their pet peeve is when people pass from the wrong side... I can't remember though, if it's the right or left. One of my Boston cousins said that it's a really big thing, if you pass from the wrong side, you get honked at and flipped off. And he said it's like that pretty much everywhere except L.A., maybe because we're such a mess anyway, no one's gonna remember that one extra detail. So which side are you supposed to pass from, technically?

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80744
11/19/04 03:35 AM
11/19/04 03:35 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
If you can pass on either side, then just do it!

If there are 3 lanes, and you can pass on one of them, then there's nothing wrong with it.

If there are two lanes, and, you can pull over for the freakin' retard who's driving too slow and who stops and you can rip out his heart and chew and swallow his vocal chords, then yes, you can pass him. But, well, the rest ya gotta do yourself... and, quickly!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80745
11/19/04 04:00 AM
11/19/04 04:00 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
you can rip out his heart and chew and swallow his vocal chords
I'll remember that.

Well, I'd always thought it didn't matter, either... that you can pass from whatever side. But then I was told otherwise. I just don't wanna get shot by some road-raged freak if I ever drive in another state, ya know?

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80746
11/19/04 06:57 PM
11/19/04 06:57 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
On TV, when they do a promo for another show, and they call it an "All New" episode of Will & Grace, or something.

Like, what else could it be? A partially new episode?

I know they want to make the distiction that it's not a re-reun, but can't they just call it a "new" episode?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80747
11/19/04 07:57 PM
11/19/04 07:57 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
* I hate sitting at a dinner table with dirty dishes in front of me. Doesn't matter if I'm home or eating out, I want the table cleared as soon as I'm done.

* Another pet peeve is how smokers have become such an easy target for criticism. Why do you well-meaning folks feel completely at ease saying things like "Why don't you just quit?" or "Hey, those will kill you!". If you saw a drunk in a bar, would you feel perfectly at ease wresling a perfect stranger for their car keys? If you saw an overweight person in MacDonalds with a fully-loaded tray, would you try to stop him from stuffing himself before he has a major MI? And as for leaving butts on the floor, if we didn't have to smoke in the cold and rain and snow and blistering heat OUTDOORS, then maybe we could use an ashtray.

* People who can't use the proper form of "it's and its", and "there, their, and they're".

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80748
11/20/04 12:38 AM
11/20/04 12:38 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

-People who are bloody sick, sneezing and coughing and whatnot, but still feel the need to: shake your hand, high five, give you a hug, talk to you closely, etc, etc.

-People who don't wash their hands when they are done using the restroom.

-People who can't eat with manners.

-People (mostly girls) who swear excessively.

-People who know absolutely nothing about the subject they are talking about, but feel the need to share their opinion with everyone, regardless of whether they want to hear it or not. Then, if you comment and refute, they tell you to shut the fuck up. :p

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80749
11/20/04 12:41 AM
11/20/04 12:41 AM

Quote:
People who know absolutely nothing about the subject they are talking about, but feel the need to share their opinion with everyone, regardless of whether they want to hear it or not. Then, if you comment and refute, they tell you to shut the fuck up. [Razz]
You are WRONG, you don't know what you are talking about. Just shut the f**k up! :p :p

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80750
11/20/04 12:50 AM
11/20/04 12:50 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
When my CD player skips, especially when I'm listening to "Stairway to Heaven" and it skips at the part "And as we wind on down the road...". That is quite possibly the greatest part of a song, ever.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80751
11/20/04 12:54 AM
11/20/04 12:54 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
[quote] People who know absolutely nothing about the subject they are talking about, but feel the need to share their opinion with everyone, regardless of whether they want to hear it or not. Then, if you comment and refute, they tell you to shut the fuck up. [Razz]
You are WRONG, you don't know what you are talking about. Just shut the f**k up! :p :p [/quote]That sounds vaguely similar for some reason...now you just have to go offtopic and such.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80753
11/21/04 01:39 AM
11/21/04 01:39 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:

1. Cell phones ringing in one of my meetings. Turn the damn thing before you come in for a meeting. If it does ring either your spouse must be in labor or a close relative is dead -- if not heads will roll. If it does ring and you answer it umm let's just say you better not.

Or if you are at the movies and someone's cell phone goes off. Worst yet at church.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80754
11/21/04 04:04 AM
11/21/04 04:04 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Oh, what a wonderful thread! I haven't gotten a chance to check in here for a while, but I'm on Thanksgiving break, so I'm happy I get to post.

I'm sure I have lots of pet peeves, but I also have a bad memory. The ones I can think of:

- I agree I12, about the drug commercials. They show those on this show we watch at school everyday called Channel 1. So far, I've seen a girl who stole from her grandmother, a boy who skipped his brother's birthday, and a boy who was going to let a truck run over his friend. ("If your friend had a problem, would you help him?") I think it's good to keep as many people away from drugs as you can, but I sort of doubt a commercial would do it... )

- History and Science Fairs. Maybe I'm being a tad biased considering I'm working on both of them right now, (on the frickin' holidays!) but I seem to remember hating them year-round. :p I just honestly believe there are other ways for students to learn about different subjects than by having to participate in these fairs. Science Fair requires you to conduct an experiment, record a journal, type a paper on it, and create an entire backboard. History Fair requires lots of research, (30 sources for me this year) and depending on the category you choose, possibly a huge paper or another backboard and smaller paper. Both of these require quite a bit of time and money, and are stressful as heck. I do realize it could be worse, and it probably will get worse later on, but I've always wished we could learn the same information without so many requirements and crap that doesn't really contribute to the overall knowledge I gain.

- My last one for tonight...this is a weird one. For some strange reason, I can't stand for one of my hands to get wet, but not the other. Perhaps when I'm brushing my teeth and one hand gets some water on it, I have to get the other hand wet. It just feels weird to have the wet/dry feeling. Is that even a pet peeve?! Okay, maybe I'll have to take over on that therapy session, Irishman.

~Gina

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80756
11/21/04 10:33 AM
11/21/04 10:33 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I'm with you on cell phones at inappropriate times. I too heard one go off at church. The lady got up and went outside to talk. :rolleyes: Give me a break. We got by forever without that convenience now some people have them permanently attached to their ear.

While I was at jury duty last month, one of the jurors forgot to turn hers off (the judge everyday would say to turn them off). The lawyers, judge, everyone became quiet until this lady turned it off. Ha ha She was so embarrassed. I'm surprised he didn't yell at her.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80758
11/21/04 11:09 AM
11/21/04 11:09 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I hate carpets scraping together, (just the thought of it gives me shivers) and I can't wear certain shirts unless they feel just right. All through growing up my mom had trouble with me and shirts because if it was minorly uncomfortable or had a tight neck I could'nt go near it. Hopefully it goes away someday...

You talkin' to me?
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80759
11/21/04 09:16 PM
11/21/04 09:16 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Quote:
Originally posted by Blake Peters:
I hate carpets scraping together, (just the thought of it gives me shivers)
Im that way with those little hollographic things that if you move them to the left and right, you get two seperate images.Oh man, if you scrath those things,.....I cant stand it. I also hate talking about internal organs. i.e in Science class, the teacher would be talking about the spleen, and my side starts hurting.Same with people touching thier eyes, be it contacts or whathaveyou, my eyes will start to hurt.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80760
11/21/04 09:35 PM
11/21/04 09:35 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I also hate when a fork hits someone's teeth as they bite down.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80761
11/21/04 09:43 PM
11/21/04 09:43 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
I also hate when a fork hits someone's teeth as they bite down.
ARGH%$#(@*%#^@&%$# !!!!!!

Me too. I can't believe I forgot that. It makes my teeth taste like metal, and it's almost like your teeth are sweating. I hate when the fork scrapes on a plate, too.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80762
11/21/04 09:44 PM
11/21/04 09:44 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
[quote]Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
[b] - My last one for tonight...this is a weird one. For some strange reason, I can't stand for one of my hands to get wet, but not the other. Perhaps when I'm brushing my teeth and one hand gets some water on it, I have to get the other hand wet. It just feels weird to have the wet/dry feeling. Is that even a pet peeve?! Okay, maybe I'll have to take over on that therapy session, Irishman.

~Gina
OK Gina, I would consider that a peeve or an annoyance or whatever. However, it just remeinded me of my loath of getting water in my ears. I cant stand the feel of it As soon as I am out of the shower I have to dry the inside of my ear before I do anything -- I swear I am going to break an ear drum one of these days. I love to swim also but man is it annoying once I come out of the water. And, of course, I dont want to look like a dork and stand there with a cloth in my ear drying them out -- I would hate to see someone else do that. So, make room ojn the couch for me and I will join the therapy session [/b][/quote] Thanks Part, that makes me feel better about my peeve... I love swimming, as well, but if I get water in my ears, it also drives me nuts. I end up giving myself a headache trying to tap the side of my head. :rolleyes: But it's so relieving to finally get it out!

~Gina

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80763
11/21/04 11:10 PM
11/21/04 11:10 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
When the car in front of me comes to a dead stop just to make a right turn like into their driveway or turning into a store.

I hate public restrooms.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80764
11/21/04 11:13 PM
11/21/04 11:13 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Abortionists.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80765
11/21/04 11:53 PM
11/21/04 11:53 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
- People who don't look at you when you talk. Oh my God, I can't tell you how much that annoys and upsets me. What really angers me is that it's sometimes people who I am always willing to listen to long stories from, yet they can't lend an ear and an EYE to me. It just makes me feel like what I'm saying isn't even worthy of being said.
I'm kind of that way where I cannot look into a person's eyes for very long. First I feel that I'm starring & that is rude. But I can't just continue to stare into their eyes as they're talking. I can still listen to them without looking directly at them, but I just CAN'T stare at someone in their eyes for very long. It gets on my nerves.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80766
11/21/04 11:56 PM
11/21/04 11:56 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
When the car in front of me comes to a dead stop just to make a right turn like into their driveway or turning into a store.
I can't stand it when people slow down in your lane so you have to slow down so they can get in the turn lane to turn. You can slow down in the turn lane & not slow down traffic!

Gina & Partagas, I don't like getting my feet wet. In the shower or swimming I don't mind, but when I'm walking & it's raining, I HATE getting my feet wet (espeically if I'm wearing socks & shoes b/c then I gotta walk around all day with that squirt sound & I just HATE having wet socks & shoes on).

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80767
11/21/04 11:57 PM
11/21/04 11:57 PM

People who get very close to you when they talk. I just met a coworker of my fiance's a few weeks ago. Well she got about 8 inches from my face when she said hello to me. One of the most awkward moments of my life.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80768
11/21/04 11:59 PM
11/21/04 11:59 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
I HATE sunday evenings!

"Well at first like everybody else I, I was a soldier."
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80769
11/22/04 02:27 AM
11/22/04 02:27 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I just CAN'T stare at someone in their eyes for very long. It gets on my nerves.
Totally, me too... Like I'm not horrible with eye contact, I look at someone if they're talking to me, or if I'm talking to them. But my gaze always drifts away after too long of a time, especially if they're still staring at me. It's unsettling, ya know? The WORST, though, is when someone asks you a question and you answer, and even when you're done with your answer, they still stare at you without saying anything. It's like you want to say, "That's it... The end."

This reminded me of another of my pet peeves... people who just stare, not like they're talking to you... Just from across the room, or whatever. It always makes me uncomfortable, like WHAT?! Do I have something on my face or something? It's one thing if someone just looks at you and then looks away, or something. There's nothing wrong with that. But the constant starers... that really gets me. Like in class, or at a restaurant, or whatever... every time you look up, they're still looking. It doesn't get me annoyed at the person, though. Just the uncomfortableness of the situation.

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80770
11/22/04 02:33 AM
11/22/04 02:33 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Looking people in the eyes for long is very very akward for me. I would intentionally look away from my grade 8 teacher while he was tlaking to me because of that, and then he asked if I was smoking a little weed at lunch. I hated that bastard.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80771
11/22/04 02:40 AM
11/22/04 02:40 AM

Quote:
This reminded me of another of my pet peeves... people who just stare, not like they're talking to you... Just from across the room, or whatever.
If it's a guy doing it to me I ask them if they think I'm cute- it stops RIGHT AWAY.

To add to what you said about asking a question, the thing that pisses me off is when people ask me a question but THEY KNOW THE ANSWER BEFORE HAND.

Person A: "Did you ever drink coke"
Me: "NO"
Person A: "Yes you did, I remember it was a week ago"
me: "THEN WHY THE HECK DID YOU ASK ME?"

or people who don't even listen to your answer and reply with the answer they made up. I was talking to a guy my fiance works with a few days ago:

Guy: "So your fiance drags you here every night?"
Me: "No, I don't want my fiance here alone"
Guy: "I know what you mean, my wife drags me everywhere as well"

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve? #80772
11/22/04 02:49 AM
11/22/04 02:49 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
[quote] This reminded me of another of my pet peeves... people who just stare, not like they're talking to you... Just from across the room, or whatever.
If it's a guy doing it to me I ask them if they think I'm cute- it stops RIGHT AWAY.

[/quote] Try that in West Hollywood. You'll get a "Yeah, actually. And I like those jeans on you. Do you, uh, wanna go get a Starbucks or something?"

I totally agree with the other question stuff you said, though.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull