alfa, concerning [ the valachi papers ] the book came out in 1968, and ive never heard about redactions in the original. maybe years later for what reasons I cant quite understand. of course anything is possible with our government. if their were redactions in 68 and withheld from the original book I would most definitely like to see the redactions. another puzzling item is the fact that valachi was there when maranzano set up the five families. not three but five, valachi was there. as to bill bonnanos assertion that valachi was low-level that's always been the rap on him. however he was very close to vito Genovese, vito being the best man at his wedding. also had a strong association with the luchesse faction. he was along with his boss vito Genovese a major drug dealer. with French connections, he may not have been so low level after all.........

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"