Originally Posted By: salvi62
That's a great story about Buddy. Like I said I had very little contact with him except for the few comments he may have made during rehearsal.

You wanna talk generous.....SINATRA JR. This guy can't do enough for the band. New Years Eve. 1998 I was playing with Jr. at the Fontainebleau on Miami Beach. After the rehearsal he told the entire band (we are talking like 40 people) to go to the steakhouse downstairs and order anything we'd like and just say that we where with "Mr. Sinatra". Guys were getting 3lb lobsters, prime porterhouse steaks. I can only imagine what the bill must have been.

34 years ago Buddy was in his musical and vocal prime. I remember he had some nice arrangements.

Sal

Speaking of Frank Jr. he sang at Tommy Lasorda 87th Birthday celebration at the LA Dodger Stadium on September 22nd. I spoke briefly with Tommy Lasorda the previous Thursday at Connies Pizza in Chicago when he was in town. He was at his usual Table and I at Mine. He is so funny giving the Manager a Hard Time and making him jump and run.