Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
joey cusak, if you notice in the first rocky movie, rocky has a picture of rocky Marciano on his wall, Marciano just happens to be the greatest heavyweight champion in history. never lost a fight. check out his fights on u tube. the greatest puncher in history. not being racist, just telling it like it is.

No way was Marciano the greatest ever Heavyweight, i'd personally rate him 8th or 9th; and i honestly can't see that convincing of an argument for him being rated above 5th or 4th at most. Marciano fought in the weakest HW division in history. His most impressive victories were his two over Ezzard Charles who was a former Middle and Light Heavyweight, and most Boxing Historians agree that Charles had stopped fighting so agressively since he killed Sam Baroudi.

Other than that he beat a washed up 37 year old Joe Louis in his last fight. Two wins over Jersey Joe Walcott, who had lost 7 of his previous 17 fights, and against Archie Moore who was a natural Middle/Light Heavyweight. I also don't agree with Marciano being undefeated, as i belive he should have lost his split decision victory in the first Roland La Starza fight.