Originally Posted By: InsideLookingOut
What I meant by him not being a part of them was that he was not in any of the families. He was proposed by two but he had a problem with authority thanks to an abusive father.

You can't be proposed by two families at the same time. The entire point of being on record with someone is that you're under the umbrella of a soldier and afforded the protection of that soldier's family.

Now don't get me wrong, as a freelance dope dealer he could have been working with two families (and in that area at that time it more than likely would have been the Genovese and Lucchese families). But proposed for membership by two? Nope.

And I'm not trying to pick on you, buddy. But if you're going to write a book about the mob, you can't get such basic information wrong because the general public just knows way too much about the the life today. It's not like when Puzo was writing "The Godfather," and only had McClellan, Kevauver and Valachi as his points of reference. Today you have the entire history of the American mob at your fingertips.

Originally Posted By: InsideLookingOut
Thank you again Pizza Boy.

By 'ten years before,' do you mean in the 50's?

Like I said, the roots of the Purple Gang's involvement in heroin go back to Tony Loria and Vinny Papa, then a bit later to guys like Fat Gigi. Just research the French Connection case.

And yeah, the French Connection reached its peak in the late '60s. But that dope pipeline was active much earlier.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.