Bronx, its all good bro, just a nickname it was used in "Cavalleria Rusticana". Besides I don't think many here use there real names anyway. Its not the name but whats in your heart that counts. Like Shakespeare said "A rose by any other name......."

Ahhh the "old" Diplomat or the "Dip" as we used to call it. Man was there a lot of work there back in the day. Played Dolly Parton in the Café Chrystal, Tony Bennett (not one of my faves) Steve and Edie, Lionel Hampton and on and on.

Even though Fl is a "right to work" state the local 655 union would send delegates to hang out in the lobby just to break balls if the saw you walk in with an instrument case.

I watched them blow the old place up. My friend had a condo right across the street and he had a party. We all watched it come down. It was fascinating and sad at the same time.

We (the musicians) had high hopes when we found out that the union pipefitters were taking over the new place. We figured union=work, but I haven't set foot in that place in close to 10 years. Nobody has. I think the last time I works there was a private party with Jr.

Yeah, the Café Chrystal, The Tack Room, and what was the name of that little lounge right next to the the Café as you walked in on the left. Lou Tulli an accordion player/comedian had that gig for over 20 years. Then he started working at "RunWay 84" on SR 84 in Laud. He was there until he died a few years ago.

Sal