Originally Posted By: pmac
I was wrong on the willy boy I think it was joe scopo the coloombo guy was killed innhoward beach and the new ran it like if gotti was on the street this would have never happened around there. think the shooters where spraying shots all over the place.

That's true, pmac. But I don't think the reasons for the non violent approach were entirely altruistic. Sure, they lived there, and didn't want it in their neighborhood. But back then a lot of wiseguys (and Italians in general) also lived in Ozone Park, where there was never any hesitation when it came to whacking a guy.

I think the difference with Howard Beach was that so many skippers and eventual bosses lived there. Same goes for Country Club here in the Bronx. That Meldish guy got popped right around the corner. Twenty years ago that never would have happened here. But then again, I've never been convinced that the Meldish hit was mob related (or sanctioned). Because those guys had enemies from here to Florida.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.