I was 9 years old when Yusuf Hawkins was killed in 89. So now you prolly can guess my age. But i was just a kid. Keith mondello, Joey fama and those guys were older kids ... Teenage cusgines... I am guessing in their 17's and 18's I believe but I am not too sure about their exact age. Everybody knew eachother or of eachother back than so knew who Keith mondello and Joey fama was before 89. They used to all hangout in front of pino's pizzeria on 18th ave with their crew. But keep in mind Growing up in Bensonhurst especially in the 80's, there were plenty of Keith mondello's and Joey fama's running around causing trouble, starting fights and being bullies but most of them weren't killers. From what I heard as I got older, Yusuf was banging an Italian girl in the neighborhood who happened to be either an ex girlfriend or lover of mondello. When he found out, he was upset but when he heard that the guy was black, he completely lost it. Yusuf's only reason in the first place for coming to the neighborhood was to buy a used car from a used Car lot close to where the white girl he supposedly was fooling around with lived. Too close for comfort. And sure , there were plenty of kids I grew up who's families were connected. Some of them real assholes and arrogant. Some were attention junkies... Wanted the whole world to know. Some were humble and kept it to themselves about it .... The ones who played tough were punks really, wanna be gangsters. They use to get their ass Whipped when fights broke out at the Italian feast ( st Rosalia ) on 18th ave. The soprano kids if they were real wouldn't survive one bit in Bensonhurst especially in the 80's and 90's. They were suburban wanna be tough guys. I knew kids like that from Long Island. Even the Gotti brothers ( growing up Gotti reality tv kids ) frank , Carmine and John ( Victoria gotti's kids ) were punks. Guys like fat nick use to protect them. Other kids didn't care that their family last name was Gotti but it's actually agnello after their father carmine agnello.

Last edited by Vinny_Carbone718; 10/04/14 10:50 AM.

"Vinny Cee"